Bilingual Assistant Corporate Event Manager
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you an innovative and independent thinker? Do you enjoy variety in your work and are you a « people person »? The Willow Group is an association management, event management and creative services company located in Ottawa and is seeking a fully bilingual Assistant Corporate Event Manager (English/French).
Willow has transitioned to a hybrid working environment, with the majority of work able to be done remotely. Willow is also moving its office to a state-of-the-art building that provides clients with many onsite options for meeting room space, a free coffee bar lounge and multiple work and networking areas. There is also a smaller permanent office space onsite for employees to use dedicated company flex space when needed.
The person we are seeking must have experience and competencies in the following areas:
- Assist in the planning, execution, co-ordination and control of all day-to-day activities related to event and association management, to ensure all the work is completed as planned and all client requirements, deadlines and budgets are met.
- Fulfill and manage work-related tasks such as, but not limited to, development of critical paths and budgets, logistics, administration, communications, marketing, program and project initiatives, reports, minutes, presentations, awards, entertainment, social networking functions, travel and accommodation, membership, registration, tradeshow management and sales, set up of virtual event platforms and virtual onsite assistance as required, external supplier requirements, on-site (when live events resume), evaluation, etc.
- Develop and maintain an efficient paper and electronic file management system, ensuring accurate, error-free data entry.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from clients and co-workers in a knowledgeable and pleasant manner
- Upon request, prepare and submit an outline of requirements and basic content for major marketing collateral.
- Provide on-site assistance as required at association and event-related functions, including management of on-site registration, volunteers, logistics, back end set up of virtual platforms and support for virtual events, etc.
- Ensure that there are excellent working relationships and communication channels with all clients and co-workers, to inform as well as seek assistance when needed.
Salary is based on experience.